Wednesday, 3 March 2010

Minimum effort

That’s what happened today. I managed to sort out the envelopes for the invites, and left them behind when I came downstairs. I did a very quick, very simple LO as well, that came out of trying out a TH technique which didn’t quite work as expected but I loved the effect.


Basically I cut a rectangle with round corners using a Coluzzle template. then applied distress inks in 5 colours, using the blending tool. The nest bit was the bit that didn’t do as expected. I inked up a stamp with Distress Ink then misted it with water and stamped onto the shape. Took the heat gun to dry it off and the stamped image was supposed to bleach out but it didn’t. I got a muted version of the image and it looked great. Now as much as I like Tim’s stuff I can’t always see how I am going to use them but this was perfect.Somehow I had chosen colours that went with a couple of photos so I used it as a base for the title. As before this LO will be in a slide show sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment