Friday, 24 August 2012

Was it worth it?

Well, yes I think it was.


In my usual fashion I went ahead and made some things but never thought about the end result. 2 crocheted cushion covers later and nothing to stuff them with meant out with the measure, put the details on my phone and off to Dunelm to see if I could get anything the right size. After going through all the cushion pads and converting my inches to cm there was nothing in the right size. Then we spotted some ready covered cushions in the sale and one was the perfect size so round cushion sorted. I sill had an oblong one to fill but nothing was small enough so it was a case of get the best and reduce it in size to fit.


before 1






before 2






Before photos, not really my style but so much cheaper than the plain ones !







The fun was reducing the size of the oblong one, I took so much stuffing out of it I have enough to fill another one, and I found some white fabric in my box to make the pad with too. Anyway that is for the future, here are the finished ones and I have to say I really like them both.


after 1





after 2














The next project is underway, some little stars to hang in place of the bunting for the Christmas look, but more on those nearer the time.


On another subject I will be off to the opening day of Jennies new Craft Store and Art Bar tomorrow. I am really excited to see what they have done.

Tuesday, 21 August 2012

We have a new unit all for me!

When Kate’s shop was being closed and lots of the fittings were being sold I managed to get the Ikea unit that had been in the entry porch. I had always loved the way all the things were shown in it, all the workshops and other bits and pieces, and I hankered after something similar as we only have 2 of the four cube sets and they were full of albums. It was perfect but sadly the finish that had worked so well in the shop wasn’t right for the conservatory so, with Chris’s help, it was peeled, sanded and painted white. We then had to wait for someone strong to come and lift it into place.


While all that was going on I was busy crocheting bunting, flowers and a bird to soften it a bit and make it look pretty.


This is the unit with most in place except the flowers, you can just see them on the top left shelf. 20120808_184749








The flowers are now attached and the bird is hanging. The idea is that the flowers will be swapped with Christmas items when the time comes as I have just tied them in place.


Of course I now need more workshops to go to and make some more things to fill the rest up. At least I have my albums all in one place now!


Finally thanks to Jane for the unit and Kate for trying to get it in the van, it was just too big but we got it organised in the end.