Wednesday, 21 March 2012

An altered book workshop

Once again an unusual class at Pickleberry Papercrafts last Saturday.


I was expecting this to be really difficult, along with the others there. Taking a book, tearing out pages, slapping paint and glue on them and cutting bits out was something we all had a problem with. When it came to it though I was able to forget it was a book and treat it like any other supply at a class.


I didn’t have my camera so have had to rely on any pics I could get from elsewhere and, thankfully, Jennie from The Artistic Stamper took one of my double page with tags.



Yes that is me hiding behind it too.  As always I hate my photo being taken and people do try so hard!!!


This bit of the book took 8 pages, stuck together in pairs then the centre 2 folded to make the pockets. Inks, Jennie’s new stamps, tissue tape and spritzed water gave the effects.


I am looking forward to adding some more at a later date.


I am now doing Tim’s online class, though I am not doing the physical side of it as I am having to be careful with my shoulder. I am watching the videos and printing out the PDFs. I am loving the videos even though I have done a fair bit of what has been covered so far, there are still new bits, or bits I haven’t picked up on before.


Now I need to do some proper work!

Monday, 5 March 2012


We have 4 birthdays from the end of February to the 5th march, 2 grandsons, daughter and daughter in-law so the card factory is in production about this time. The boys didn't get anything too special but the girls got these.
I made them a while ago but couldn't post till today, by the time this gets published they will have seen them I hope!! Happy birthday boys and girls.

Sunday, 4 March 2012

Graphic 45 box, altered

I have decided to try and do all the 12 tags for 2012 from Tim Holtz and needed somewhere to try and keep them together, well that is the plan anyway. If they end up too 3d I will need to rethink but the idea is there. Anyway I found a Graphic 45 box that I covered in Tim paper, large clock faces, the inside I sprayed and distressed, along with the front. I then stuck tiny watch parts on the front - oh take a look and you will see.

Saturday, 3 March 2012

Stuff from the past..

I need something to do this afternoon so I have taken some photos of 2 embroideries I did some years ago - just to show I don't just mess with paper and ink! They both hang in our living room and are now over 20 years old. This is the first I did
and is my favourite. Both are from Dimensions kits and in crewel embroidery. The second is in finer wool and embroidery thread and had far more of the image pre done.
I will be back with more projects that are completed.