Tuesday, 13 December 2011

Finished the tags!

Yes I did them all. There are elements of this that I don't like, the lettering for instance! I didn't have any tissue either so used a few flowers I did have. Apart from that it was funto do.
Here's to next year now !

Sunday, 11 December 2011

The punultimate tag for 2011

Once again I didn't have the right stamps or the right dies for this but I got to use my favourite snowman and the UTEE technique was great fun.

... and the 10th one!

This really doesn't show itself as nice as it is. The technique using the image transfer onto sellotape is much better in the flesh. Another one that I will use in the future.

The 9th tag

This is one of the tags I did at on Saturday and a big thank you to Kate for having all the stash needed.
Loved the background for this one. I finished it off on Sunday morning which is why the Glossy Accents on the letters are still opaque - not quite dry

Friday, 9 December 2011

Not so much improvising...

... more a case of make do and mend with this tag. The only things I had were the tag, the Distress Inks and Glossy Accents. Still it was fun trying to use the techniques. I do like the shadow stamping, doing it deliberately is far more satisfying than it happening when you don't want it to! Anyway here is my effort -
Thanks for looking.

Wednesday, 7 December 2011

The 7th tag..

over half way through now. I am enjoying the challenge of making one a day. Today’s is better than yesterday and I am pleased with the way it turned out.



Needless to say there were several things I didn’t have but I did have half a sheet of glassine left over from a workshop so made the leaves, interesting how you can heat alcohol inks on that. Looking at it the only things I didn’t substitute were the tinsel, the beads and the tag itself. Still it worked out.

Tuesday, 6 December 2011

On the 6th day…

..another tag from Tim. I am not sure if this works or not. I had to use an different embossing folder and I had to stick my charm as I cidn’t even have the right rings.


I found that the paint didn’t want to work on the metal and had to put it on really thick or it went into tiny puddles. The embossing looks almost like crackle glaze! Maybe that is the paint underneath, or the distress ink.



More tags, more improvisation..

Firstly I have finished Sundays tag. There were a few things I didn’t have, crackle glaze being the main one. I do have a bottle but it has gone AWOL somewhere. I also don’t have the snowman die so I cut a reindeer and covered it in Glossy Accents then dripped some alcohol ink into it and left it to dry. It was a bit too bright so I added some Perfect Pearls which toned it down a bit. Then I didn’t have the snowflake edge die so used another one. Hey ho the technique is there.

















Next came Mondays tag. I had 2 goes at this, the first one was on some acetate I had and the inks just wouldn’t dry, they stayed tacky so when I tried to rub the Archival off it just smeared and was a proper mess. So I cut some packaging and did it again and that worked muchDSCF0009 better. (Reminder to self to keep some packaging tucked away.) I also don’t have the ‘backwards’ stamp so used a snowflake instead. I have to say the colours are a bit ‘in your face’ and I haven’t added the ribbon yet as it was drying. I inked it to match the tag so it will be even more pink!



I will be off to find todays tag soon. I wonder if I will have the stash to do it!

Monday, 5 December 2011

Chrissie decs

These are some of the decorations we mad at Saturday’s workshop.



  A pretty hanger made from 8 diecuts, inked and folded then stuck to a chipboard shape from the same die. One thing Mr Holtz does is he never makes his shapes symmetrical so the tricky bit here was to get the right ones back to back. The alternative is to ink the edges afterwards –there was a lot of inking done!



This was a lovely tag, lots of Distress inks and diecuts with a rubber stamp as well.














Possibly my favourite, a glass shape that we stamped and embossed with either silver or gold and then filled with ‘snow’ I added some Bedazzles as well.













A drunken tree, made from different sized rosettes, cut with the Tim Holtz die. WE had great fun getting them to stay in shape and got messy with the hot glue gun.












We also had some glass birds which we coloured with alcohol inks and added some wings, I forgot the photos! Maybe later.

Sunday, 4 December 2011

Catch up day, or not

I was at one of Jennie's workshops yesterday. We mad some gorgeous Chrissie decorations and I will get them photographed an upload them tomorrow. Now Tim's Saturday tag I made a start on today but as I have no crackle glaze (lost it somewhere!) and no snowman die I decided to use a reindeer and cover it in glossy accents. Needless to say it is taking an age to dry so I got on with today' tag and managed to improves with just the embossing folder but it is done.
I am pleased with how it came out. I will get Saturdays and Monday's done tomorrow, then I will be all up to date.

Friday, 2 December 2011

Day 2 of the 12 days of Christmas tags

Well at least I had a sheet of old music paper and a stamp for the holly and ivy. Would you believe no string though and only some green wool for the neck. Still it was fun to do and at lest I have kept up so far - only day 2 though LOL.

Thursday, 1 December 2011

12 tags of Christmas - No. 1

I am intending to do as many of Tim's tags as I can, you can see them here . I don't have the die for the word, the die for the pine cones or the leaves and twigs. So I found a nice font, cut the word on the Robo, cut some Spellbinders leaves and flowers and here is the end result.
I loved doing this one, the embossing worked well, Oh and I didn't have a white dabber (sure I have somehwere but it is not where it should be). Looking forward to tomorrows.