Tuesday, 6 December 2011

More tags, more improvisation..

Firstly I have finished Sundays tag. There were a few things I didn’t have, crackle glaze being the main one. I do have a bottle but it has gone AWOL somewhere. I also don’t have the snowman die so I cut a reindeer and covered it in Glossy Accents then dripped some alcohol ink into it and left it to dry. It was a bit too bright so I added some Perfect Pearls which toned it down a bit. Then I didn’t have the snowflake edge die so used another one. Hey ho the technique is there.

















Next came Mondays tag. I had 2 goes at this, the first one was on some acetate I had and the inks just wouldn’t dry, they stayed tacky so when I tried to rub the Archival off it just smeared and was a proper mess. So I cut some packaging and did it again and that worked muchDSCF0009 better. (Reminder to self to keep some packaging tucked away.) I also don’t have the ‘backwards’ stamp so used a snowflake instead. I have to say the colours are a bit ‘in your face’ and I haven’t added the ribbon yet as it was drying. I inked it to match the tag so it will be even more pink!



I will be off to find todays tag soon. I wonder if I will have the stash to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment