Wednesday 3 February 2010

More UTEE

The wonderful Sheena Davis was on Create & Craft this morning and I managed to watch it online. I just don’t understand why we can’t get it on our cable service! Anyway she was playing with UTEE and I just had to play my self. This method was really easy. First melt 2 or 3 colours of UTEE in the melt pot.

 

Find a metal frame then find a stamp with a bold image that is bigger than the frame, this is so the UTEE stays inside the frame. Ink up the stamp with Perfect Medium or Versamark. Put the frame on the stamp, place it so the image looks good inside. Fill the frame with the molten UTEE and leave to set.

 

Once set remove it from the stamp and dust with pearl mica powders, these will get into the crevices and stick to the ink. I used 3 different colours . Image1

I also got a LO done, this is a hand tinted photo of my Grans little brother who didn’t live for much longer after the photo was taken, I have a larger version of it which is in better condition and decided this was the best way to preserve it.

20100203_3

I have done some journaling  but it is hidden and just says who he is and when and where the picture was taken, and by who. The bigger one has the photographers name and address on the reverse.

No comments:

Post a Comment