Tuesday, 5 March 2013

Third time lucky!

I have tried twice to post this in the last couple of days, using my iPad, but nothing wanted to work so it is back to the PC and something I know will work.


I know it is nearly 6 months since I last posted, things have been hectic and for several months I didn’t do much craft at all. I am back to it now though and have been for a while so time to catch up. This will a bit random so bear with me.


Where to start – well Christmas might be a good place. I didn’t make Jennie’s workshop at The Artistic Stamper but I got the kit and instructions and spent a day later in the workroom and did most of it, final touches were made at home.







It was made from a circular wooden base and 3 of the small boxes from Configuration Boxes. Paint, glitter, alcohol inks and all the rest.


Another workshop was this canvas using the new Distress Paints and some new stamps from The Artistic Stamper, quite unusual colours for me but It brightens up my display.




On the Artistic Stamper Creative Team Blog Emma showed her creation and I just loved it – hers is here. I made some minor changes and the card base has curled up where Chris has had it on show for ages (note: must use thicker card if I use this shape again!).




Another workshop was book making using Graphic 45 Place in Time papers. We got a whole pad to play with and, with guidance from Jennie, we put a book together. This is mine with a page for each month and pockets to put things in.


graphic 1





     graphic 2


That inspired me to use an MDF book I had covered in gesso some time ago. I have gone a bit oriental at the moment and got the Graphic 45 Bird Song pad and used it on the outside of the box and then made a book to go inside. I also used gold embossing powder on the edge of the book.









book 2



I made a mini canvas which I was quite pleased with, I have another to do but haven’t got any ideas yet.


mini canvas



Finally a clock. I got a couple of cog blanks but have only finished this one so far. The finish came about from watching a demo on TV. They were using Dreamweaver Embossing Paste and, as usual, I wasn’t concentrating totally on it – well I was making my book at the time! Anyway they sprinkled something on the paste and then heated it with a heat gun, the effect was really good so I gave it a try. The thing was I used embossing powder and they had used mica powders but in some ways mine finished effect was more dense and vibrant as they only put a little of the mica n the paste. It does take some heating and really needs one of the long thin heat guns that runs faster than the gun shaped ones. Here is the finished one




It is just leaning on the basket for now, till I find somewhere to hang it.


Projects in the pipeline are 3 fruit crate pot holders for the kitchen window sill, the other cog base, a larger bird box and an old wooden jewellery box than I am turning into an Oriental box. I will try and post them as they are done and not leave it so long next time.


If you got this far thank you!


  1. Love all your projects , and the clock is fab, having seen it in real life :)

  2. They are all gorgeous! Love that clock (but, then I would, wouldn't I!!!)