Sunday 16 May 2010

Another workshop

Jennie form The Artistic Stamper took another workshops at Pickleberry Papercrafts yesterday and it has to be my favourite so far. We made this and I am so pleased with it.DSCF9579It started with a blank wooden framed mirror, we stuck, inked and  sprayed the frame then made all the embellishments. We played with UTEE, transferred from a picture on paper to canvas, die cut metal, painted, stamped, used alcohol inks, distress inks and so many more things. I had so much fun! It was also lovely to catch up with familiar faces and old friends.

 

The only drawback – wait for it – taking the photo to post here. I have taken about 10 till I got it right. To start with the mirror was so smeared. If you ever want to see if a mirror is clean – take a photo – every little mark shows up. I cleaned, polished and buffed till I got that right. Then I couldn’t find the right light to give the best colours, well the most like it really looks. Daylight seemed to make it just too light. Still I got there in the end. Now I am looking forward to the next one.

 

I nearly forgot – even Chris likes it and I will be putting it on display. Now maybe that is the incentive to finally finish the UTEE canvas and get that on display as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment