Saturday 9 June 2012

Making things

I have been in a productive mood recently and have found something to do while I am watching the TV in the evenings.

 

We had a crochet lesson at WI a couple of months ago and it reminded me that I can crochet. OK I don’t hold the wool and needle the way you should, I hold it as if I am knitting, but it works for me. I have also found some amazing patterns thanks to Carol (the crochet Queen) and surfing the web. Here are the 3 I have made so far.

 

DSCF0254

The colours don’t show well here, they are pale pink, pale lilac and a light sage green. This was the first one I made and I need to make another one to perfect the increasing in the inner rounds. I am not sure what the stitch is called but I like to call it ‘shell stitch’.

 

 

 

 

 

DSCF0256

I changed the lilac for pale blue for this bobbly one, the first I have made that is square and needed the edges kept straight. this I call loopy stitch as that is what it is created from, loops.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

.DSCF0257

Finally my favourite, my cappuccino cushion. this is a 2 stage piece, make a grid then use the grid as a foundation for the ruffles. Once I got the hang of it it was really quick to do.

 

I also have a grey and white long pillow in the making, using this pattern but it has had to be set aside for a sweater I am making for Michael’s birthday.

 

 

I am off to a workshop today at Pickleberry with the lovely Jennie from The Artistic Stamper for a follow up Altered Book day. More pages to add to the one we started a couple of months ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment